The Academic Practice course at University of Strathclyde takes a broad view of the role of academics in higher education. You'll delve into the themes, policies, opportunities and challenges that drive teachingh and learning, research, and knowledge exchange activity. You're also encouraged to draw from your own area or discipline, and explore your personal development across teaching, research and knowledge exchange in higher education.
All SPARK classes are designed and delivered to help you enhance your current and future practice, providing opportunities for both career and personal development.
Higher Education Academy to lead to professional recognition at Associate Fellow of the HEA and Fellowship of the HEA categories
Programme StructureLearning & teaching
- Classes are taught using experiential and reflective techniques. This ensures learning outcomes are applicable, useful, and based on authentic activity.
- All classes involve a face-to-face element comprising roughly 16 hours in addition to blended learning elements and individual study. Online elements are conducted through MyPlace. We're currently working on a fully-online version of the course.
- Assessment differs from class-to-class. We aim to provide students with a variation in assessment approaches that align constructively with teaching and learning aims. Essays, presentations, individual projects, and other methods are commonly used.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 799 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
An Honours degree or an equivalent qualification.
- staff with contracts totalling 12 months of longer - free of charge
- staff employed for less than 12 months at Strathclyde - £861 per 20 credit module
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.