Social Anthropology - Sozialanthropologie from University of Münster encourages reflexivity and ethically responsible research practices. The 4 semester curriculum entails three types of modules imparting knowledge of anthropological theories, fieldwork methods/research project development and regional ethnographic knowledge.
Taking history into account, social anthropology is grounded in ethnography subjected to theoretical analyses and description. Social anthropological knowledge facilitates cross- and intercultural understandings.
- Cultural Foundations of Sociality
- Transcultural Encounters
- Research Methods I
- Research Methods II
- Regional Knowledge
- Social Anthropological Theories and Ethnographic Representations
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Knowledge of human diversity Anthropological perspectives of socio-cultural practices and processes of change
- Conceptual and methodological qualifications in designing and conducting ethnographic research projects
- Culture sensitive approaches in pluralistic social settings
- Skills of mediation and transcultural communication
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
The university charges a social contribution which currently amounts to roughly 300€ per semester.
Living costs for Münster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.