In addition to the core modules designed to give you a solid foundation for understanding educational processes you'll have the flexibility to choose a pair of modules from an exciting range of specialist classes to satisfy your personal and professional needs.
- Develop a solid foundation for understanding transformative processes in all cultural contexts
- Enhance practice and career opportunities in the broader field of formal and informal education
- Gain a grounding in research methods and reasoning
The MSc in Education Studies at the University of Strathclyde is designed for people who wish to explore a diverse range of issues and perspectives that make up education. The course prepares for professional careers which are dependent on a thorough and critical understanding of educational processes in their cultural context and the ways in which they contribute to the formation of the individual person.
As such, it addresses educational and formational processes not only with regard to formal education, i.e. schooling, but is concerned with all forms of education, that is: with all processes where the learning and (trans)formation of a person is initiated, guided, or supported.
The degree is not a teaching qualification but can enhance career opportunities in the broader field of education. It supports careers in all cultural fields where people are engaged in learning and are aspiring to some sort of personal transformation, eg:
- the arts
- publishing houses
- youth work
- sports clubs
- all institutions involved with professional learning and training
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Globalisation, Society and Education Policy
- Thinking about education
- Frameworks for Understanding Learning
- Research Methods and Reasoning
- Education and Self-Formation in Cultural Contexts
- Philosophy of Technology and Education
- Professionalism and Professional Learning
- Putting the Theory into Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 894 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree or relevant professional qualification OR a combination of qualifications and experience demonstrating capacity for postgraduate study.
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National6800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6800 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Rest of UK £6,800
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
There are several scholarship opportunities available for students applying for this course. Please see website for further details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.