At the Landscape Archaeology programme from Royal Agricultural University you will be provided with a robust philosophical, theoretical and ethical framework for exploring, recording and managing landscapes of archaeological and heritage significance.
From this course you will gain a toolbox of skills ranging from landscape survey and recording to Remote Sensing, Geophysics and the Digital Landscape. You will also be introduced to key landscape shaping processes, particularly the integrated understanding and management of ‘natural’ and ‘cultural’ elements in the landscape.
Career prospects include:
- Archaeological, Heritage & Environmental Consultancy
- Governmental Heritage agencies such as Historic England, Historic Scotland & Cadw
- Charitable Trusts such as the National Trust, English Heritage and the Canal & River Trust
- Heritage interpretation consultancy
- Heritage tourism
- Countryside and landscape management
- Teaching and education
More informationVisit official programme website
- The Idea of Landscape: Fieldschool
- Theories of Place – Landscape as Record, Artefact & Culture
- Historic Environment Research: Design, Methodology & Management
- Archaeological Landscape Investigation, Survey & Recording
- Remote Sensing, Geophysics and the Digital Landscape
- Geoarchaeology: Earth Surface Processes & Environmental Change
- Dissertation or Professional Product
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchaeology Landscape Architecture Environmental Management View 163 other Masters in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should usually possess a degree in subject areas related to heritage, archaeology, history, land management, planning or geography at Lower Second (2.2) or higher
- If you have no formal qualifications it may be possible to join the programme based on extensive relevant work experience corresponding in level to an undergraduate honours degree. In all cases entry is subject to a satisfactory interview either in person or via Skype/Zoom or similar platforms
International12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
The University offers a range of generous fee waivers and bursaries. To find out more about the scholarships, awards and bursaries available, please visit the scholarships webpage.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.