You will develop people and management skills as well as skills around heritage itself, helping to give the past a sustainable future.
This programme builds a robust philosophical, theoretical and ethical framework while developing critical awareness of the practice of conservation and stewardship in the UK and internationally.
Career prospects include:
- Archaeological, heritage and environmental consultancy
- Governmental heritage agencies such as Historic England, Historic Scotland and Cadw
- Charitable trusts such as the National Trust, English Heritage and the Canal & River Trust
- Local Government heritage roles
- Community heritage projects
- Heritage based regeneration and tourism
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Present Past: The Idea of Heritage
- The Challenge of Change: Context, Significance, Planning Policy & Law
- Cultural Heritage Research: Design, Methodology &Management
- Heritage Interpretation
- Management & Leadership for Cultural Heritage
- Management of Historic Buildings and Heritage Sites
- Engaging People & Communities: Audience Development & Marketing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
However, it is recommended that you apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Environmental Management View 604 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should usually possess a degree in subject areas related to heritage, archaeology, history, land management, planning or geography at Lower Second (2.2) or higher
- If you have no formal qualifications it may also be possible to join the programme based on extensive relevant work experience corresponding in level to an undergraduate honours degree. In all cases entry is subject to a satisfactory interview either in person or via Skype/Zoom or similar platforms
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13150 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.