The Archaeological and Heritage Practice from Royal Agricultural University is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to work effectively in applied Archaeology and Heritage across the commercial, charitable and governmental heritage sector.
Designed in collaboration with professional archaeologists and heritage managers, and with tutors drawn from across industry and academia, this course provides a distinctive and balanced insight into the operation of the heritage sector while helping you identify and gain the knowledge and transferable skills which will boost your career.
Career prospects include:
- Archaeological, Heritage and Environmental Consultancy
- Governmental Heritage agencies such as Historic England, Historic Scotland and Cadw
- Charitable Trusts such as the National Trust, English Heritage and the Canal & River Trust
- Local Government Heritage Roles
- Heritage based regeneration and tourism
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Archaeology from the Earth: A Pragmatic Approach to Practice
- The Challenge of Change: Planning Law and Integrated Historic Environment Management
- Historic Environment Research: Design, Methodology & Management
- Project Management & Leadership in the Heritage Sector
- Dissertation or a Professional Product such as a consultancy report
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
However, it is recommended that you apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies Archaeology View 131 other Masters in Archaeology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should usually possess a degree in subject areas related to heritage, archaeology, history, land management, planning or geography at Lower Second (2.2) or higher.
- If you have no formal qualifications it may also be possible to join the programme based on extensive relevant work experience corresponding in level to a relevant undergraduate honours degree. In all cases entry is subject to a satisfactory interview either in person or via Skype/Zoom or similar platforms.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12240 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8160 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8160 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.