Speech-language pathologists are healthcare specialists dedicated to the evaluation, treatment, and research of human communication and related disorders. They can work in a variety of settings including schools, clinics, hospitals and rehabilitation centers.
This Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology (MS-SLP) degree program at Florida International University , emphasizes a bilingual curriculum focused on a wide range of related disorder diagnoses and treatments, clinical experience and master’s level project work. Four (4) semesters are spent in clinical rotations to provide you with the real-world skills you’ll need to succeed in this high-demand profession.
Graduates of the program are eligible to take the Praxis Examination, which they must pass to apply for a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in speech-language pathology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Communication Disorders
- Phonological Disorders
- Language Learning in Preschool Children
- Differential Diagnosis of Comm. Dis.
- Pre-Clinic Seminar
- Neurological Bases of Communication
- Language Learning in School-Aged Children
- Dual Language Acquisition and Disorders
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 226 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Student must have completed undergraduate program of study in Communication Sciences & Disorders, Speech & Hearing Sciences, Speech-Language Pathology, or have taken the required prerequisite coursework in speech-language and hearing sciences.
- A 3.0 GPA for the last 60 hours of undergraduate study.
- Completion of 25 clinical hours of observation of assessment/treatment for speech-language clients with clear and appropriate documentation
- Students must have completed at least three (3) prerequisite courses for their application to be eligible for review for admission into the MS-SLP graduate program at FIU.
- TOEFL is required for applicants whose primary language is not English.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation from persons with knowledge of your academic performance (professors) online.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International77000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 77000 USD per year during 36 months.
National77000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 77000 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State43691 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43691 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.