The M.A. Religious Studies from Florida International University is a 36-credit hour program: 9 hours of core seminars, 12 hours of ‘track’ courses, and either 9 hours of electives and 6 hours of thesis work, or 15 hours of electives.
Application to the Master of Arts program in Religious Studies is made through FIU’s Graduate Admissions Office.
Combined BA/MA in Religious Studies
To be considered for admission to the combined bachelor’s/master’s degree program, students must have completed at least 75-90 credits in the bachelor’s degree program at FIU and meet the admissions criteria for the graduate degree program to which they are applying. Students need only apply once to the combined degree program, but the application must be submitted to Graduate Admissions before the student starts the last 30 credits of the bachelor’s degree program.
A student admitted to the combined degree program will be considered to have undergraduate status until the student applies for graduation from their bachelor’s degree program. Upon conferral of the bachelor’s degree, the student will be granted graduate status and be eligible for graduate assistantships. Only 5000-level or higher courses, and no more than the number of credits specified by the program catalog, may be applied toward both degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A four course track, either in one religious tradition, or one theme across religious traditions, approved by the Graduate Director.
- The two graduate seminars taken in the senior year of the BA as well as the Focus courses taken at the Graduate level (limit 12 hours double-counted).
- Six credits of electives selected from the Religious Studies Graduate Course Offerings.
- Six hours of thesis, or six additional hours from the Religious Studies Graduate Course Offerings.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 246 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A graduate degree in the humanities or social sciences from an accredited college or university or
- A score of 156 or higher on the verbal portion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or
- A UG 60 GPA of 3.25
- Online application and application fee;
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework;
- Official GRE scores;
- Official TOEFL scores, if applicable;
- A statement of research interests, including reasons for seeking the M.A./Ph.D., future career goals, and a summary of scholarly preparation for this program;
- Three letters of reference from academic sources or others able to judge academic abilities and potential; and
- A curriculum vitae.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State8202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4101 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.