The Master in Environmental Science at IHE Delft Institute for Water Education equips professionals with the necessary capacities by offering a systems approach. This means you will investigate subsystems and their interactions at global, regional and local scale, without losing sight of the overall picture. The programme balances a thorough knowledge of the disciplines taught and the added value of bringing these disciplines together in one coherent programme.
Graduates of the Environmental Science programme start or resume a career dealing with water policy and planning, research and/or environmental regulation in the water sector or related sectors such as infrastructure, energy, agriculture or mining. Career paths include, but are not limited to:
- public administration: central and local governments (urban water and wastewater authorities, water boards, water and environment ministries).
- private sector, e.g. consulting engineering firms.
- academia and research institutes.
- NGOs and international organizations (UN, Worldbank, WaterAid etc.).
NVAO Accredited Programme
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Planning and Management for Water and Environment
- Environmental Science & Technology
- Limnology and Wetland Management
- Applied Aquatic Ecology for Sustainability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- Continuous support with feedback on request, Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 43 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- English language requirements for all of IHE Delft's educational programmes
- Strong motivation to successfully complete the programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15052 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22578 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA15052 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22578 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Delft
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.