The Physician Assistant Studies program at Florida International University fosters an environment enhanced by diversity, clinical innovation, and research while preparing socially accountable, community-based physicians, scientist and health professionals. Students will build leadership capabilities to understand the importance of communicating effectively with patients and the health care teams.
- Provide a coordinated and comprehensive physician assistant curriculum to ensure the graduate will possess the knowledge, skills, and attitudes appropriate to provide competent and compassionate patient care necessary to enter the healthcare profession.
- Recruit, mentor, and support a diverse student body.
- To facilitate and foster the development of the necessary professional, moral, intellectual, and ethical attitudes, behaviors, and beliefs essential to the role of a physician assistant.
- Provide a creative and supportive environment for student learning that supports community outreach, social accountability and interprofessional care in the underserved population.
- Gross Anatomy
- Clinical Assessment
- Medical Microbiology and Infectious Disease
- Clinical Skills
- Pharmacology in Disease Pathology
- Clinical Application of Evidence-Based Practice
- Integration into Clinical Concepts
- Human Behavior
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Management Health Sciences View 696 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university can be from any academic discipline but must meet the prerequisite requirements.
- Overall GPA and Science GPA of 3.0
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Standardized Test
- Three letters of recommendation - Letters should be from Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Professors or any individual who has worked with the applicant in a healthcare environment.
- Prerequisite Courses
- Direct Patient Care Experience and Shadowing Experience
- Completion of the online assessment CASPer
International41584 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 93564 USD for the full programme during 27 months.
National41584 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 93564 USD for the full programme during 27 months.
In-State40520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 91172 USD for the full programme during 27 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.