Meaningful and independent living is increasingly valuable to our society. From childhood development to the aging workforce and beyond, FIU occupational therapists are leading the way to help people overcome physical, cognitive and psychosocial dysfunctions to achieve richer, functioning lives.
The Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program at Florida International University combines intensive hands-on instruction, an advanced curriculum, fieldwork and research opportunities for a comprehensive learning experience. The first five semesters are focused on didactic courses and introductory fieldwork, with the last two engaged in Level II fieldwork experiences.
FIU Occupational Therapy students can culturally enrich their Level I fieldwork experiences to meet society’s occupational needs in a global setting through our exclusive International Fieldwork Program. The program immerses you in the host country to heighten cultural awareness and sensitivity to adapt OT skills to the norms and customs of the region.
- Foundation of Occupational Therapy Practice
- Therapeutic Approaches in Occupational Therapy
- Conditions Affecting Occupational Performance
- Analysis of Human Motion
- Assistive Technology & the Environment
- Occupational Engagement Throughout the Continuum of Care
- Biomechanical & Rehabilitative Approaches in Occupational Therapy
- Adaptation of Human Occupation & Environment for Psychosocial Practice
- Occupation-based Intervention for Pediatric Populations
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Occupational Health and Safety View 116 other Masters in Occupational Health and Safety in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA based on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 credits of the bachelor’s degree.
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA for all prerequisite courses with the minimum grade indicated.
- Complete OTCAS application
- Complete the FIU Graduate School application
- Take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
International38435 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 96089 USD for the full programme during 30 months.
National38435 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 96089 USD for the full programme during 30 months.
In-State20962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52405 USD for the full programme during 30 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.