The human development and family sciences program offers a flexible model of graduate training that allows students to develop individualized degree plans catered to career goals, provides opportunities to conduct research, supports cross-disciplinary education and emphasizes mentorship and professional opportunities to support students’ development and career placement.
The goals of the Human Development and Family Sciences (Child Life Specialist Concentration) program from Texas State University are to provide students with exceptional classroom and research experiences, support students through practicum and internship experiences, and prepare students to work with diverse populations.
As the first graduate-level child life academic program in Texas, the program also strives to continue to offer its exceptional training from Certified Child Life Specialists that combined have nearly 50 years of clinical experience.
Students will find a variety of career options available after graduation including:
- Child Life Specialists in hospitals and community-based nonprofit organizations
- leadership roles in nonprofit agencies and early childhood education programs
- research and project coordinators in governmental agencies
- faculty members at community colleges
Social Cognitive Development in Childhood and Adolescence.
Graduate Assistant Development.
Child Life Specialist.
Research Design and Methods in Human Development and Family Sciences.
Issues in Human Development and Family Sciences.
Advanced Independent Study.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Anthropology View 206 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Texas State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 3.0 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- background course work
- official GRE (general test only) required with competitive scores in the verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning sections
- statement of purpose (approximately 500 words)
- three letters of recommendation
International28305 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28305 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13209 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 357 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for San Marcos
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.