This Power Engineering (Electrical) (Hons) from London South Bank University has a strong component of power system network architecture which is important to understand how a large power network can be operated securely and reliably while complying with relevant regulations.
We aim to produce engineers who meet the educational needs for full Incorporated Engineer status. Our course satisfies the requirements of the Institution of Engineering and Technology and the requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Students who complete the course successfully can find jobs with DNO’s (Distribution Network Operators such as UK Power Networks etc), National Grid, power producing industries such as gas and steam power plants, power utility companies etc.
This course was developed to meet the core knowledge required for the Integrated Power Engineer Apprentice standard L7 and differs very much from a standard undergraduate degree. Any student doing this course, outside the apprentice standard, will have the advantage of specific and specialist skills, putting them in a good position to secure relevant employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design and practice
- Engineering computing
- Engineering principles
- Principles of control
- Advanced mathematics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 496 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level AAB including Mathematics (136 UCAS points) or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDD, including Level 3 Mathematics (144 UCAS points) or;
- EAL Technical Extended Diploma in Engineering Technologies, D, including: Further Engineering Mathematics; Electrical and Electronic Engineering Principles; and other options relevant to Electrical and Electronic Engineering or;
- Access to HE qualifications with 39 Distinctions and 6 Merits, with at least half the course in Mathematics and Physical Science subjects (134 UCAS points) or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 144 UCAS points and including Mathematics
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13780 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13780 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Thanks to our generous supporters and alumni, we have a range of scholarships and bursaries for students joining LSBU’s postgraduate courses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.