- Course work explores women's realities in such areas as the political and social sciences, health, psychology, history, literature, and the arts. Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies programs grew out of the women's movement, involving understandings of discrimination in society and a need to celebrate different women's strengths, contributions, and forms of resistance.
- The Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies program at Oregon State University focuses on women of color feminisms, transnational feminisms, and queer feminist studies, offering MA and Ph.D. students critical foundations in both theory and practice. We offer our students both the intellectual and applied skills to serve as activist-scholars and global citizens, prepared to engage matters of social justice within public, private, and academic spheres.
- We offer the first, and only, M.A. and Ph.D. programs in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies in Oregon. The Ph.D. in WGSS at OSU is the first, and only, Ph.D. in WGSS in Oregon. Oregon State University is a leading research university located in Corvallis, a vibrant college town in the heart of Western Oregon’s Willamette Valley. Corvallis consistently ranks among the best cities to live in the U.S.
- Our nationally and internationally recognized core faculty are committed to transformative scholarship, pedagogy and activism.
- Systems of Oppression in Women's Lives
- Theories of Feminism
- Feminist Research
- Transnational Feminisms
- Research and Scholarship
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies View 105 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
- Oregon State University Certification of Finances Form is required of all applicants, regardless of funding source. This includes applicants that have been granted a Teaching or Research Assistantship.
- Supporting documentation, demonstrating sufficient financial resources for the desired academic program. See below for Acceptable Forms of Financial Documentation
- Photocopy of Applicant’s Passport and Passport of any dependents (if passport has already been issued – this is used to match the name on the passport and visa documents).
- Photocopy of Current Visa/I-20 if already in the U.S.
- Monetary Amount to Show
- All international applicants and applicants that did not receive a degree in the U.S. (or other English speaking country) meet the following additional English language proficiency requirements for admission.
International19602 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9801 USD per semester during 24 months.
National19602 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9801 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State10384 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5192 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Corvallis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.