- Course work explores women's realities in such areas as the political and social sciences, health, psychology, history, literature, and the arts. Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies programs grew out of the women's movement, involving understandings of discrimination in society and a need to celebrate different women's strengths, contributions, and forms of resistance.
- The Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies program at Oregon State University focuses on women of color feminisms, transnational feminisms, and queer feminist studies, offering MA and Ph.D. students critical foundations in both theory and practice. We offer our students both the intellectual and applied skills to serve as activist-scholars and global citizens, prepared to engage matters of social justice within public, private, and academic spheres.
- We offer the first, and only, M.A. and Ph.D. programs in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies in Oregon. The Ph.D. in WGSS at OSU is the first, and only, Ph.D. in WGSS in Oregon. Oregon State University is a leading research university located in Corvallis, a vibrant college town in the heart of Western Oregon’s Willamette Valley. Corvallis consistently ranks among the best cities to live in the U.S.
- Our nationally and internationally recognized core faculty are committed to transformative scholarship, pedagogy and activism.
- Systems of Oppression in Women's Lives
- Theories of Feminism
- Feminist Research
- Transnational Feminisms
- Research and Scholarship
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies View 115 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Oregon State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Oregon State University Certification of Finances Form is required of all applicants, regardless of funding source. This includes applicants that have been granted a Teaching or Research Assistantship.
- Supporting documentation, demonstrating sufficient financial resources for the desired academic program. See below for Acceptable Forms of Financial Documentation
- Photocopy of Applicant’s Passport and Passport of any dependents (if passport has already been issued – this is used to match the name on the passport and visa documents).
- Photocopy of Current Visa/I-20 if already in the U.S.
- Monetary Amount to Show
- All international applicants and applicants that did not receive a degree in the U.S. (or other English speaking country) meet the following additional English language proficiency requirements for admission.
International30357 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30357 USD per year during 24 months.
National30357 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30357 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State16191 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16191 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Corvallis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.