Our times present challenges that are unprecedented in their complexity, danger, and scale. At the same time, they present correspondingly important opportunities. Meeting these challenges and opportunities will require new ideas and new forms of intellectual and cultural leadership based on a scientific understanding of Earth’s environmental and ecological systems, and grounded in a deep understanding of the sources of human wisdom and values. Neither the sciences nor the humanities can meet the challenges alone. Together, we have a chance.
The Environmental Arts and Humanities Program at Oregon State University prepares students for good, wise work with:
- environmental non-profits
- government and land agencies
- advocacy groups
- green business
- conservation and stewardship
- formal and informal education
- and other roles that require strong, creative communication and reasoning skill sets and humanistic understanding
Students can customize their degree with areas of concentration in Environmental Thinking, Environmental Imagination, and Environmental Action.
- Environmental imagination
- Creative writing
- Moral imagination
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Liberal Arts View 704 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- Oregon State University Certification of Finances Form is required of all applicants, regardless of funding source. This includes applicants that have been granted a Teaching or Research Assistantship.
- Supporting documentation, demonstrating sufficient financial resources for the desired academic program. See below for Acceptable Forms of Financial Documentation
- Photocopy of Applicant’s Passport and Passport of any dependents (if passport has already been issued – this is used to match the name on the passport and visa documents).
- Photocopy of Current Visa/I-20 if already in the U.S.
- Monetary Amount to Show
- All international applicants and applicants that did not receive a degree in the U.S. (or other English speaking country) meet the following additional English language proficiency requirements for admission.
International30357 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30357 USD per year during 24 months.
National30357 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30357 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State16191 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16191 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Corvallis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.