The College of Arts and Sciences at Florida International University offers certificate programs in African-New World Studies, Asian Studies, Latin American and Caribbean Studies, and Transnational and Regional Studies, among other. The graduate program encourages its MA students to pursue regional certification in conjunction with their work in the MA International Studies program.
The Department provides both disciplinary and interdisciplinary graduate training. It encourages a vital and challenging exchange of ideas among students and faculty members, who investigate a stimulating range of topics, from the traditional concerns of foreign policy and national security to contemporary global issues such as democratization, the environment, human rights, refugees, and social movements.
Many members of the Department also have longstanding regional interests, as do many other members of the University faculty. The program boasts of strengths in Africa, Central Asia, East Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East, and Europe.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Space, Place and Identity
- Political Economy of International Relations
- Contemporary Dynamics of International Relations
- Research Design in International Relations
- Approaches to Area Studies
- Global Issues and Human Rights
- Politics of Globalization
- War, Peace and Conflict Resolution in INR
- The Media and International Relations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 167 other Masters in International Development in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Non-refundable application fee (currently $30.00)
- Official transcripts of all university coursework
- Official copy of the GRE scores
- Official copy of the TOEFL
- Letters of recommendation from university teachers and professors who have knowledge of the applicant's academic qualifications.
- A personal statement, 2 to 3 pages double-spaced in length, explaining research interests and rationale for pursuing a graduate degree
- Writing sample. This should be a short essay (5 to 7 pages long) in English preferably on a topic related to world politics.
- Your Curriculum Vitae or resume and (if applicable) any academic publications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4101 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.