- Reflecting this character, the materials science program at Oregon State University, initiated in the 1980s, is spread over nine different departments spanning three OSU colleges. This allows students to earn MS and PhD degrees in Materials Science in many different areas of concentration, including all classes of materials, and in a wide range of materials behavior.
- The coursework requirements are extremely flexible to allow students to tailor their program of study to directly support their research activities.
- Thermodynamics of Materials
- Kinetics/Rate Processes of Materials
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- Electronic/Magnetic Behavior of Materials
- Characterization of Materials
- Computational Materials Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1823 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Oregon State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Oregon State University Certification of Finances Form is required of all applicants, regardless of funding source. This includes applicants that have been granted a Teaching or Research Assistantship.
- Supporting documentation, demonstrating sufficient financial resources for the desired academic program. See below for Acceptable Forms of Financial Documentation
- Photocopy of Applicant’s Passport and Passport of any dependents (if passport has already been issued – this is used to match the name on the passport and visa documents).
- Photocopy of Current Visa/I-20 if already in the U.S.
- Monetary Amount to Show
- All international applicants and applicants that did not receive a degree in the U.S. (or other English speaking country) meet the following additional English language proficiency requirements for admission.
International30357 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30357 USD per year during 24 months.
National30357 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30357 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State16191 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16191 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Corvallis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.