To prepare students for careers in the security realm, the Global Affairs - Globalization and Security curriculum at Florida International University includes both foundational courses necessary to understand current global trends, as well as courses that emphasize policy analysis to deal with numerous security-related issues impacted by globalization.
Recognizing changing security trends and an emphasis on human security, the track focuses on issues such as human rights, democratization, transnational crime and business risk.
Courses in economics, quantitative and research methods, and writing and presentation skills provide additional academic and professional preparation. Professional Development Seminars and Capstone research projects supplement the curriculum.
- Foreign Service Officer
- Immigration Specialist
- Intelligence Specialist
- International Marketing Specialist
- Research Analyst
- Foreign Affairs Analyst
- Political Analyst
- Non-Profit Program Coordinator
- Special Agent
- Foundations of Globalization
- Economic Policy Analysis
- Analytical Writing and Presentation Skills
- Transnational Crime and National Security
- Terrorism & Homeland Security
- Surveillance, Intelligence, and International Relations
- Global Issues and Human Rights
- Global and Human Security
- Public Security and Governance in the Americas
- Intelligence Community Successes and Failures: Policy Implications
- Migration, Security, and Globalization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science Terrorism & Security View 327 other Masters in Political Science in United States
- Online graduate application, along with a non-refundable application fee of $30.00 US dollars.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and/or universities.
- Official proof of degree. A notarized copy of the original diploma is required if the degree is not posted on the official transcript(s).
- Two letters of recommendation
- A statement of purpose (750 words minimum) describing the candidate’s academic and professional background as well as career aspirations.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV).
International15675 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31350 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National15675 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31350 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.