The field of dietetics and nutrition is dynamic and rapidly evolving as more research is elucidated on the relationships between food, nutrition, human health and disease. With a greater emphasis on preventive health care and improved eating habits, we are committed to supporting our communities by promoting healthier lifestyles through better nutrition across diverse populations. To meet the ever-changing demands, we foster a synergistic approach to our evidence-based research initiatives.
The M.S. program in Dietetics and Nutrition at Florida International University is designed to meet the needs of professional practitioners as well as students with undergraduate degrees in related fields.
Our master’s of science degree program integrates dietetics and advanced nutrition science with research to prepare our students for successful careers. Employment opportunities for graduates are abundant in health care, wellness and food/food service industries. This MS program can serve as preliminary preparation for enrollment into a doctoral program, and career goals should be discussed with an advisor as soon as possible to ensure exceptional results.
- Nutrition and Biochemistry
- Carbohydrates and Lipids
- Functions of Vitamins in Human Nutrition
- Minerals in Human Nutrition
- Statistical Methods in Research
- Health Statistics
- Graduate Seminar in Dietetics & Nutrition
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 326 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university or, in the case of foreign students, an accredited institution recognized in its own country as preparing students for further study at the graduate level.
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale. upper division hours.
- Admissions application.
- Official transcripts from accredited institutions.
- Official Proof of Degree.
International18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4101 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.