The Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice is a major academic unit within the Steven J. Green School of International and Public Affairs. The Department offers graduate degrees in Criminal Justice (MSCJ) at Florida International University . The master degrees are available onsite and online.
The Master of Science degree in Criminal Justice requires 36 credit hours (12 courses). All students entering the program are required to complete five courses (15 credits) of core requirements, four electives (12 credits) in criminal justice, and three courses (9 credits) in general electives.
- Reform justice systems to reduce impunity
- Promote access to justice for women and disadvantaged populations
- Support modernization of court administration
- Provide technical assistance and training to combat corruption
- Strengthen media-justice relations
- Support alternative dispute resolution mechanisms
- Build an understanding of the justice system’s impact on minorities and marginalized groups.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Criminological Theory
- Research Methods in Criminal Justice
- Data Analysis in Criminal Justice
- Transnational Crime and National Security
- Criminal Justice Policy Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Justice View 229 other Masters in Criminal Justice in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Online graduate application, including the non-refundable fee.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher in upper division coursework.
- Grade of “B” or better in an undergraduate research methods course.
- Official university/college transcripts from all institutions previously attended.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or employers familiar with your academic and professional knowledge, skills, and abilities. Submit through the online graduate application portal.
- Statement of purpose describing the reasons for pursuing an advanced degree, research interests, and career plans. Submit through the online graduate application portal.
- Written work, such a completed research paper, that demonstrates writing skills. Submit through the online graduate application portal.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4101 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.