Therefore, the Bioinformatics For Computational Genomics programme at the Politecnico Di Milano includes activities providing in depth knowledge on:
- the organization of information in the genome and the molecular and cellular processes at the basis of gene expression and its regulation
- the experimental methods used for studying genes and their function in different model species, both prokaryotic and eukaryotic
- the technologies employed in modern genomic research
- methods and protocols of bioinformatic analysis in functional genomics studies
- algorithmic, mathematical and statistical approaches underlying bioinformatic and genomic analysis tools
- data base technologies for the storage and organization of the data
- modelling and analysis techniques employed in systems biology for the study of interactions in complex biological systems.
Graduates in BCG will thus be able to:
- take part in the design and execution of large scale genomic analyses
- identify and extract the biological meaning from the results obtained
- design tools and protocols for the bioinformatic analysis of different types of experimental data autonomously
- play a pivotal role in research groups focused on basic or applied genomic research
- coordinate and supervise research projects and groups focused on bioinformatics and genomics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organic Chemistry
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Genetics, Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Programming and Data Bases
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
International students: Deadline for February intake is 01 July
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 10 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission is open to students with a Bachelor Degree in either biomolecular sciences OR computer science/mathematics, with a basic knowledge in either genetics, molecular biology and biochemistry, OR computer/information science and mathematics (programming, data bases, statistics).
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.