Specialist Community Public Health Nurses play a crucial role in ensuring that children have the best start in life. They work in partnership with individuals and families and work together with a range of different health professionals including nursery nurses, social workers, GPs and education.
The Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (Health Visiting) programme from Swansea University will prepare you for work in complex and varied settings including homes, schools and the wider community. You will become a knowledgeable practitioner with excellent managerial and interpersonal capabilities.
On successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma, you will gain the recordable qualification of Specialist Community Public Health Nurse Health Visitor. There will be an option to progress to part 2 of the programme in order to complete the dissertation module and to graduate with an MSc in SCPHN practice. Additional funding will be required in order to complete the final 60 credit dissertation module to gain the full Master’s degree.
- Facilitating the Health and Well-Being of Individuals & Families (HV)
- Professional Development of Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN) Practice
- Promoting the Public Health of Populations
- Research and Development in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN) Practice
- Safeguarding in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN) Practice
- Nurse Prescribing for Specialist Community Public Health Nursing
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1015 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Swansea University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
To apply you will need to be:
- First level nurse / midwife registered with NMC
- Successful completion of Honours degree in UK
- Enhanced current DBS disclosure
- Appropriate Health Board host organisation and the availability of a suitable practice placement that has a current educational audit and the support of a Practice Teacher that meets the NMC requirements.
- Negotiated secondment
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.