This Master’s Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (Health Visiting) programme at Swansea University aims to develop Specialist Community Public Health Nursing practitioners to work autonomously in a range of public health community settings.
Specialist Community Public Health Nurses play a crucial role in ensuring that children have the best start in life. They work in partnership with individuals and families and work together with a range of different health professionals including nursery nurses, social workers, GPs and education.
The Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (Health Visiting) programme at Swansea University will prepare you for work in complex and varied settings including homes, schools and the wider community. You will become a knowledgeable practitioner with excellent managerial and interpersonal capabilities.
On successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma, you will gain the recordable qualification of Specialist Community Public Health Nurse Health Visitor.
There will be an option to progress to part 2 of the programme in order to complete the dissertation module and to graduate with an MSc in SCPHN practice.
Additional funding will be required in order to complete the final 60 credit dissertation module to gain the full Master’s degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Facilitating the Health and Well-Being of Individuals & Families (HV)
- Safeguarding in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN) Practice
- Professional Development of Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN) Practice
- Promoting the Public Health of Populations
- Research and Development in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN) Practice
- Consolidating SCPHN Practice
- Promoting Emotional Well-Being of Children and Young People
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 222 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To apply you will need to be:
- First level nurse / midwife registered with NMC
- Successful completion of Honours degree in UK
- Enhanced current DBS disclosure
- Appropriate Health Board host organisation and the availability of a suitable practice placement that has a current educational audit and the support of a Practice Teacher that meets the NMC requirements.
- Negotiated secondment
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
For funding and scholarships, please visit our website for more details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.