The M.A. in Asian Studies (MAAS) from Florida International University provides students with a strong foundation in the traditional cultures and modern socio-economic societies of Asia, with an emphasis on East Asia.
Coursework is available from outstanding professors in a variety of disciplines including history, international relations, political science, religious studies, and more. FIU Asian Studies faculty have won prestigious awards and fellowships and have published numerous books and articles in leading outlets.
Please note that this list includes examples of career opportunities with an Asian Studies degree and is not by any means a completed list of all possible available careers.Anthropology:
- Archivist, Social and Cultural Researcher, Site Administrator, Environmental, Archaeology
- International Trade Specialist, Finance, Communications, International Conference Planner, International Management, Market Research Analyst, Trade Associations, Negotiators
- Congressional Aide, Immigration and Naturalization Officer, Special Agent-FBI/CIA, US Customs Service Officer, Armed Forces
- Instructor of Foreign Language, Arts and Humanities, Research, University Professor (required Ph.D.)
- Topics in Modern Asia
- Methods in Asian Studies
- International Political Economy of Asia
- Asian Cultural Studies
- Studies of East Asian Texts
- Cities in Asia
- Historical Methods
- Research Design in International Relations
- Research Methodology
- Modern Analysis of Religion
- Seminar in Sacred Texts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Literature View 751 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Complete FIU Graduate School on-line application.
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended (Note: Official certified translations are required for foreign transcripts where the language is not English)
- One letter of recommendation from a college or university professor.
- Statement of purpose (750 words).
- Certified official proof of diploma/degree if undergraduate degree is earned from a foreign institution. Certified translations are also required if the original language is not English.
- 3.5 GPA in upper level undergraduate coursework
International18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4101 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.