In the Master of Arts in Architecture from Florida International University you will find individual areas of concentration are pursued through course work and independent study and may include the philosophy and history of design, digital technologies and visualization, mapping, technology, sustainability, neuroscience and architecture, furniture and industrial design, advanced topics in design and sustainable development.
These concentration areas are supported by focus topics in the FIU SOA curriculum and allow students to pursue advanced research combining cross-disciplinary course work with faculty areas of specialization.
Mission and Vision
- As part of FIU, a top public research university, the Architecture department is dedicated to educating future generations of ethical professionals, creative designers and informed citizens.
- We believe architecture to be a conceptually based intellectual endeavor and a form of critical inquiry that addresses the built and natural environments from the scale of the city to the scale of the detail.
- The department is committed to producing conceptual thinkers and skilled makers who are versed in the techniques and knowledge of the discipline and who are cognizant of: critical theory, history, science and progressive social values. To realize these objectives, design is taught as a critical, speculative and creative endeavor embracing both the humanities and the sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Film and the Architecture of Modern Life
- Architecture and the Performing Arts
- Case Studies in Architecture
- History of Design Antiquity to Middle Ages
- History of Design Renaissance to XIX Century
- History of Design from the XIX Century to Present
- Urban Architecture and the 20th Century
- Urbanism: Social History of the Built Form
- Hotels: Miami and La Habana at Mid- Century
- Preservation Architecture: Issues and Practices
- Special Topics in Architecture
- Modern Architecture - Projects and Polemics
- Architecture and Video Media
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Urban Planning View 570 other Masters in Design in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum 3.00 grade point average (GPA) in a completed undergraduate degree program
- GRE or GMAT
- Letter of intent
- Letters of recommendation
- Departmental application
- English proficiency test (for foreign-educated students)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4101 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.