Objectives, content and organization
The purpose is to educate candidates in modern biotechnological expertise, with particular empasis on use of:
- marine resources
- bioactive compounds
- gene products
- marine rest raw materials.
You will qualify for careers in fields such as marine value creation, innovation and research.
A good marine biotechnologist must have a broad base of knowledge and skills in basic molecular biology, chemistry and techniques and processes that use marine micro-organisms, plant and animal cells, or parts of these, to manufacture, develop or modify commercially useful products. On successful completion of the programme, the degree of Master in Marine Biotechnology at UIT the Arctic University of Norway is awarded.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Marine bioprospecting and bioactive compounds
- Bioinformatics: Genomes and genomics
- Molecular physical chemistry and foundations of spectroscopy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline - Applicants from Norway or other Nordic countries
DisciplinesBiotechnology Marine Engineering View 11 other Masters in Marine Engineering in Norway
- Admission to the MSc in Marine Biotechnology requires a bachelor's degree in biotechnology, marine biotechnology or equivalent education. An average grade of equivalent to C or better in the Norwegian grading system is required.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- All students are required to pay a semester fee of NOK 625 per semester
Living costs for Tromsø
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.