Why study this course?
- Skills to further your career in banking and finance – develop a comprehensive understanding of technical and management skills to become a well-rounded manager in international banking and finance.
- Access the latest research – as a research-led business school, we give our students access to the latest trends, data and knowledge within the global banking and finance industry.
- A life-time of career coaching – from the moment you join us you will have a mentor and career coach available to guide you through your career in international banking and finance.
- Accredited business school – We hold the prestigious ‘triple-crown’ accreditation from the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), AMBA (Association of MBAs) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System).
From the start of your Global Banking and Finance programme from the University of Birmingham, you can receive bespoke advice from our career consultants. Through one-to-one coaching, our industry experienced consultants will work with you to clarify your aspirations and support you in your future career, jointly developing a winning employment strategy to take you to the next level and to open doors to a range of potential employers.
- Accounting for Managers
- Contemporary Topics in Banking and Finance
- Developing Leadership Practice
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Finance for Managers (MBA)
- Human Resource Management
- International Banking: Regulation and Supervision
- Operations Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Banking and Investment View 189 other Masters in Banking and Investment in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Birmingham and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
12 month route
- A good Honours degree (or equivalent), or equivalent professional qualification
- Five years’ work experience with three years of professional finance-related work experience including managerial responsibility
- A good Honours degree, demonstrated numeracy, and adequate preparation in Economics and Accounting
- Minimum 3 years of professional finance-related work experience - with at least 12 months at managerial level or demonstrating professional responsibility.
- Please note we will also consider candidates without a first degree or professional qualification but with at least ten years’ work experience including significant managerial responsibility.
International31500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National31500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.