This 30-credit graduate degree utilizes an innovative curriculum with classes offered in-person on Temple's Main Campus. Students have the option to earn their degree on a part- or full-time basis, depending on their professional schedules. Through completing the Statistics and Data Science degree at Temple University, master’s students gain advanced expertise in the use and application of cutting-edge analytical tools and software to collect, analyze and interpret data. Other skills gained through this program include the ability to:
- effectively communicate insights and results of analyses in managerially relevant terms;
- explain the applications, assumptions and limitations of data science models and techniques;
- obtain information and insight from large, high-complexity datasets; and
- understand the fundamental methods behind and usage of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
Future CareerIn the rapidly changing world of analytics and data science, employer demand for analytics-enabled graduates continues to grow, including an increased demand for graduates with a wide array of analytics skill sets. The Master of Science in Statistics and Data Science is intended for any highly motivated student with a background in linear algebra and programming seeking a more technically challenging program offering additional computational and mathematical skills.
- Applied Statistics and Data Science,
- Data Wrangling and Curation,
- Design and Analysis of Complex Experiments,
- High Dimensional Inference for Data Science,
- Statistical Methods I.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesStatistics Data Science & Big Data Actuarial Science View 519 other Masters in Statistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Recommendation
- Standardized Test Scores
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International38280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 USD per credit during 12 months.
National38280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1276 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State34260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1142 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.