The objective is to offer an international and interdisciplinary Master's Degree Programme at the highest level, to you who seek to make an essential contribution to the transition towards a resource-efficient and sustainable society.
The Circular Economy programme from Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) admits 16 students every year, and provides you with an interdisciplinary approach to environmental sustainability with emphasis on research and practical problem solving to achieve a circular economy. The programme includes a mobility scheme, allowing students to experience the international expertise in Circular Economy in Europe and beyond.
Occupational areas, for which the competences are developed, are highly connected to the chosen specialization and include the academic, private, public and half-public sector.
Typical occupational areas of the graduates are:
- environmental and management consultancy
- industrial companies (e.g. product design, waste management)
- international organisations
- teaching as well as vocational training and continuing education
- quality assurance
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Implementation, managment and design
- Basic knowledge of circular economy tools
- The Human Dimension of Circular Economy
- Design of Circular Economy
- Climate Change Mitigation and Sustainable Energy Systems in a Circular Economy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students applying for the Erasmus Mundus Master's Degree Programme in Circular Economy must have obtained an academic degree of at least 180 ECTS credits in engineering, natural sciences, environmental sciences, economics or social sciences, including courses in mathematics and/or statistics (minimum 12 ECTS) and courses in environmental and/or systems sciences (minimum 12 ECTS) .
- For the bachelor's degree, a minimum overall/average grade of B according to the ECTS grading system is necessary.
- There are a number of additional requirements depends on study tracks, also with respect to participant's English language abilities.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at NTNU.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.