The Musical Theater Studies is a 30-credit, one-year master’s degree at Temple University that emphasizes hands-on learning and instruction to prepare graduates for careers in education, performance or production in musical theater.Achieve practical training through an interdisciplinary, progressive curriculum that blends classroom study with musical theater performance skills. You’ll gain expertise in all facets of musical theater through coursework focused on:
- American musical theater,
- dramatic composition,
- performing arts direction and
- the business of theater.
You’ll study with faculty from both the Boyer College of Music and Dance and the School of Theater, Film and Media Arts. The Musical Theater Studies MA faculty members’ experience includes screen and stage performances across an array of fields, all housed within a nationally accredited theater department.The culminating event for this master’s program is the final written thesis, which can be a demonstration project, performance or research paper.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American Musical Theater
- Directing for the Musical Stage
- The Business of the Business in Theater
- Inclusive Vocal Development: Pre-Kindergarten - Secondary
- Assessment of Music Learning
- Musical Theater Voice and Acting
- Musical Theater Scene Study
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 280 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1406 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1406 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National1406 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1406 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
In-State1051 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1051 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.