The Music Technology program at Temple University fuses musical skill and technological expertise, affording graduate students the opportunity to pursue specialized research, creative work and applied experience. After graduation, students enter careers in the contemporary recording arts and work scoring for film, video games and digital audio. Others prepare to seek further academic study through doctoral programs.
Designed for students with backgrounds in computer audio programming, audio or electrical engineering, or electroacoustic composition, the Master of Science in Music Technology offers students the chance to advance their experience and understanding of research and practice at the graduate level.
Students are prepared for employment in numerous facets of the music industry, higher education teaching in music technology, or pursuit of further graduate education in music and/or technology. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook shows continued strong demand for positions in the computer and computer music industry.
- Advanced Audio Production
- Digital Signal Processing for Music
- Research in Music
- Hearing Music: Acoustics and Psychoacoustics of Music
- Seminar in Audio Software Design
- 12 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Music View 184 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: Include your special interests within the discipline and expectations for the program.
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Entrance Exam: No audition is required for entry to the Music Technology M.S. program. Applicants are required, however, to take a brief, online examination in written and aural theory skills. Details are sent to the applicant by email after an application for admission has been received. Admitted students are required to take the master’s Diagnostic Examinations prior to the first term of study.
- Writing Sample: A separate written document explaining the development and creation of the portfolio must be submitted.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International45198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 12 months.
National45198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State33945 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.