This exciting new course offers an opportunity for early-career and emerging writers to spend a year working with professional writers in a supportive and intellectually stimulating environment to develop their work and to foster connections with the wider literary community.
The MA in Creative Writing from Dublin City University offers intensive, hands-on courses in the writing of drama, poetry, screenwriting and prose fiction, as well as tailored courses in critical reading and creative practice.
- Journalism (online, radio & print)
- Arts administration
- Directing & producing in theatre, film, radio, television
- Librarian & bookselling
- Web content creators/managers.
- The Theatre sector/ Playwrights/ Literary managers/ Dramaturges
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Reading like a Writer: Craft and Creativity
- Writing Project
- Poetry Seminar
- Fiction Seminar
- Drama Seminar
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Creative Writing View 20 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree at the level of an Irish or UK Honours undergraduate degree (H2.2 or above) or equivalent, in a Humanities descipline but holders of other degrees or appropriate professional experience should provide information in their personal statement.
- Applicants with appropriate combinations of professional qualifications and experience may also be considered. This includes discipline-specific knowledge and know-how; transferable skills; basic research competency; personal effectiveness.
- International candidates who are non-native speakers of English must satisfy the University of their competency in the English language.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA4700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4700 EUR per year during 12 months.
- EU/EEA: €4,000
- NON-EU/EEA: €7,400
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.