The Master of Education in Autism from Dublin City University supports graduates to learn the skills to work effectively and lead within collaborative whole school settings, student-support teams, and work effectively with colleagues in fostering inclusive practice.
The programme will be of particular interest to:
- Teachers with a post-of-responsibility for special educational needs provision in schools at primary level, post primary level and in adult education settings.
- Teachers working in special class settings for pupils on the autism spectrum in mainstream schools.
- Teachers working in special schools who work with pupils on the autism spectrum.
- Teachers who wish to further develop their expertise in the education of pupils on the autism spectrum in relation to content knowledge and research-informed approaches to evidence informed teaching.
- Understanding Autism
- Autism: Planning, Teaching and Learning
- Autism: Assessment, Profiling and Planning
- Evidence Based Whole School Conclusion
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Certified academic transcripts for each and every year of study
- Brief CV highlighting relevant work experience, including at least one year in area of Special and Inclusive Education
- Personal statement of 500 words maximum indicating area of research interest
- Non Native English Speakers must submit evidence of competence in the English language as per DCU entry requirements
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.