In OCAD University’s MA in Contemporary Art, Design and New Media Art Histories, you’ll engage with contemporary issues and works, while drawing on theoretical frameworks, historical contexts, and creative precedents that have shaped today’s visual and critical landscape.
Program facilities are located in the heart of Toronto’s arts and culture district, in close proximity to the Art Gallery of Ontario, the Toronto International Film Festival, and the Design Exchange, the Textile Museum of Canada, the Gardiner Museum, the Royal Ontario Museum, and the Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery.
- Art History Methods & Theory
- Contemporary Art Theory
- Thesis Proposal
- Thesis Research
- Professional Practices
- Major Research Paper Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
January 12, 2021 is the deadline to apply to receive priority consideration for funding.
Total Course Credits: 7.0 credits
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Art History View 31 other Masters in Art History in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research Proposal: Maximum 500-word statement that clearly describes your research interests for graduate work in the Contemporary Art, Design and New Media Art Histories program. Bibliography and illustrations may be included.
- Writing Sample: The writing sample should reflect recent work and demonstrate scholarly writing abilities. Maximum 20 pages. Examples of writing samples include published articles or term papers.
- CV: Applicants should include an updated copy of their curriculum vitae.
- Potential Advisors: Please name up to two members of the Graduate Studies faculty you would be interested in working with as advisors for your Major Research Paper (MRP) and why you would like to work with them (200 word maximum)
International10845 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10845 CAD per year during 24 months.
National3348 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3348 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.