- In this interdisciplinary Contemporary Art, Design and New Media Art Histories program at OCAD University you will engage with and contribute unique research on contemporary issues and artworks, while drawing on theoretical frameworks, historical contexts, and creative precedents that have shaped today’s visual and critical landscape and cultural dialogues.
- Art History Methods & Theory
- Contemporary Art Theory
- Thesis Proposal
- Thesis Research
- Professional Practices
- Major Research Paper Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Art History View 48 other Masters in Design in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Application for admission into the MA in Contemporary Art, Design and New Media Art Histories is competitive. Applicants must hold a BA, BFA, BDes, or comparable honours degree/certification with an average of 75 per cent (B+) or better during the last two years of study, or must demonstrate exceptional related experience/expertise as a practising art or design professional.
For consideration by the admissions committee, and in addition to the basic application requirements, applicants need to complete and submit the following through the Graduate Application Portal:
- Research Proposal: Maximum 500-word statement that clearly describes your research interests for graduate work in the Contemporary Art, Design and New Media Art Histories program.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Writing Sample: The writing sample should reflect recent work and demonstrate scholarly writing abilities related to the fields of contemporary art, design, and new media art histories.
International21488 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10744 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National6696 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3348 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.