The TRAIL + offered by the World Trade Institute is an advanced master’s programme in Trade and Investment Law combined with courses in international law and economics. This programme is offered at the World Trade Institute in cooperation with the Faculty of Law of the University of Bern. The programme includes more law courses and fewer courses on economics and political science than the MILE programme. Upon the successful conclusion of the TRAIL+ programme, the student is awarded an LL.M. in International Trade and Investment Law, as well as a Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in International Law and Economics.
What we offer
- A one-year, intensive graduate programme (can also be taken part-time)
- Teaching and guidance from leading scholars and practitioners
- The latest research developments in international trade and investment regulation, and economics
- The opportunity to join a vibrant WTI alumni network with over 500 members worldwide
- Strong networks and mentoring programmes to help students secure internships and entry-level positions
More informationVisit official programme website
- International Economics I
- International Trade Regulation
- International Investment Law
- Global Political Economy
- Global Economic Governance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 7 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be considered for admission to the TRAIL+ programme at the World Trade Institute, you are required to have completed a degree in law (licentiate or master's degree), or have a degree that is deemed equivalent, i.e. a degree in law which entitles you to sit for the bar exam or equivalent in your country of origin.
- To apply for the TRAIL+ and for a detailed list of requirements, please click on the TRAIL+ application form (Word document on right).
- Please send your complete application by email (subject line: Admission to the TRAIL+), or by mail to World Trade Institute, University of Bern, Hallerstrasse 6, 3012 Bern, Switzerland.
International9889 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19778 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA9889 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19778 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition for the TRAIL+ programme is 21,000 Swiss francs for both full and part-time studies.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.