The Medical Biotechnology programme of Aalborg University offers you the opportunity to perform experimental work in the laboratories, and problem based group work. You get to work with people, medicine, and biotechnology, and you get the chance to immerse in subjects like medical microbiology, molecular methods in modern medicine, and manufacturing of biopharmaceutical products.
The specialisation provides you with knowledge within areas such as cellular and molecular biology, protein biotechnology, bioinformatics and genetic engineering and. You gain the skills to evaluate and select among the scientific theories, methods, tools, and general skills of biotechnology, and establish new analysis and solution models on a scientific basis.
As a graduate in Biotechnology with a specialisation in Medical Biotechnology, you are able to carry out research and development in the processes, development and quality analyses of recombinant products, modified proteins and pharmaceutical products, following GLP and GMP principles and proper safety regulations.
Job and Career
As a graduate from the Master’s programme in Biotechnology with a specialisation in Medical Biotechnology you will have in-depth knowledge of biotechnology and medical biotechnology. This gives you a wide range of job opportunities. You can form your own profile, depending on which subjects you choose to specialise in. There are many possibilities, and you can choose to combine the subjects in your own unique way across professional boundaries.
To mention a few examples of possible career paths, you can become:
- A researcher at a hospital or biopharmaceutical company
- A consultant in molecular biology and methodologies
- A ph.d. student
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics
- Cell Biology, Immunology and Genetics
- Microbial Diversity and Activity
- Protein Chemistry
- Protein Structure
- Carbohydrate Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biotechnology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 8 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A B.Sc. degree in relevant natural science and engineering disciplines
- Diploma/Diploma Supplement (If you have not yet completed your Bachelor’s degree). The document must be signed and stamped by your home university.
- Bachelor’s degrees transcripts showing all grades and courses
- English test or an official receipt confirming that you have registered for a test
- Letter of motivation
- CV / Resume
- Official curriculum/syllabus for your Bachelor’s studies or another official description of your Bachelor’s degree in English
- Reference letters (optional)
- Receipt for paid application fee (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Danish residence permit card and letter (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Official description of the grading system from your home university
International13656 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6828 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 50,775 DKK per semester
Living costs for Aalborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.