The Respiratory Care in Nursing Practice programme at Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland will provide you with an advanced level of theoretical knowledge deemed relevant to enhancing practice and is designed to expand your questioning approach to knowledge development and professional issues pertinent to leading respiratory patient care.
As part of your study, you will develop an in-depth knowledge of the respiratory systems and associated conditions which will in turn enhance your clinical practice.
This Respiratory Care in Nursing Practice programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to critically:
- Appraise the management and care of adult respiratory conditions in the context of population health.
- Evaluate respiratory anatomy, physiology, ventilation, lung function, blood flow and metabolism and the relationship between ventilation and perfusion.
- Explore theories that inform care with reference to biological and behavioural sciences.
- Evaluate alternate approaches to planning and implementing health education and promotion interventions, policies and strategies to promote respiratory health, care and management.
- Discuss current understandings of immunology with specific reference to the respiratory system.
- Discuss the concepts of health and wellbeing in the context of respiratory health, care and management.
- Advanced Research Methods
- Advanced Leadership - Professional & Clinical
- Advanced Management & Strategy
- Adult Respiratory Care
- Biological Science and Patient Assessment in Respiratory Care
- Health Promotion and Behavioral Science in Respiratory Care
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 107 other Masters in Public Health in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be a registered nurse or midwife on the active register with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland, or the relevant regulatory body in your country of practice before commencing the programme.
- Hold a level 8 degree* or international equivalent, demonstrated through a defined recognition of prior learning (RPL) process.
- Meet the English Language Requirements
International6875 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6875 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6875 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6875 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.