We are committed to providing students with outcome-focused curricula shaped by innovative teaching and learning practices. We have a long association with postgraduate nursing and midwifery education and are the largest such school in Ireland.
We aspire to become recognised leaders in the provision of health sciences education, both nationally and internationally. The suite of programmes we offer nurses and midwives in pursuit of postgraduate education is continually evolving in response to the needs within the healthcare service.
Our goal at Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland is to empower nurses and midwives to be able to demonstrate the difference they make to practice, and in doing so, to be able to respond accordingly to the leadership and professional challenges that they face every day.
This Respiratory Care in Nursing Practice programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to critically:
- Appraise the management and care of adult respiratory conditions in the context of population health.
- Evaluate respiratory anatomy, physiology, ventilation, lung function, blood flow and metabolism and the relationship between ventilation and perfusion.
- Explore theories that inform care with reference to biological and behavioural sciences.
- Evaluate alternate approaches to planning and implementing health education and promotion interventions, policies and strategies to promote respiratory health, care and management.
- Discuss current understandings of immunology with specific reference to the respiratory system.
- Discuss the concepts of health and wellbeing in the context of respiratory health, care and management.
- Adult Respiratory Care
- Biological Science and Patient Assessment in Respiratory Care
- Health Promotion and Behavioral Science in Respiratory Care
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 32 other Masters in Nursing in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be a registered nurse or midwife on the active register with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland, or the relevant regulatory body in your country of practice before commencing the programme.
- Hold a level 8 degree* or international equivalent, demonstrated through a defined recognition of prior learning (RPL) process.
- Meet the English Language Requirements
International3540 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3540 EUR per year during 6 months.
EU/EEA3540 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3540 EUR per year during 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.