Delivered in partnership with Beaumont Hospital, this one-year part-time programme offers you the opportunity to apply theory to practice during clinical placements in the areas of neuroscience intensive care, neuromedicine and neurosurgery.
Through this mix of clinical and classroom learning experiences, students will develop as critical and reflective practitioners with the clinical judgement, problem-solving, communication and team skills necessary to care for patients with complex neuroscience conditions.
This Neuroscience Nursing programme from Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland will provide you with the skills and knowledge to critically:
- Discuss the advanced nursing management of the neuroscience patient with altered respiratory and cardiovascular status.
- Review and reflect upon the ongoing management and nursing interventions of patients with regard to the following neurological conditions: Cerebrovascular disorders; neuroendocrine disorders; traumatic head injury and intracranial pressure monitoring; and central nervous system infections.
- Discuss the ongoing management and nursing interventions of patients with specific chronic neurological disorders (e.g. multiple sclerosis, motor neuron disease, myasthenia gravis).
- Discuss the interdisciplinary management of patients in the post-acute phase of a neuroscience illness.
- Discuss the concept of clinical learning environment learning.
- Discuss the anatomy and physiology of the nervous system.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Research Methods
- Advanced Leadership - Professional & Clinical
- Clinical Practicum - Advanced Reflection and Competence
- Fundamental concepts of neuroscience nursing
- Care of patients with acute, complex neuroscience conditions
- Consolidating practice within the neuroscience setting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNursing Neuroscience Health Sciences View 6 other Masters in Neuroscience in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be an active RGN with the Opens in new windowNMBI.
- Hold a NFQ level 8 qualification such as a BSc or equivalent.
- Be currently working in the speciality area.
International6560 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6560 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6560 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6560 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.