The Master's Programme in Middle Eastern Studies from Lund University trains students in critical thinking and gives them the ability to apply this to current events and debates in and about the region. The programme also aims to educate students in social sciences theories and various research methodologies, as well as provide opportunities for the application of methodological skills.
The Middle East is analysed as a historically changeable concept, rather than a delimited geographical region. Particular emphasis is given to the processes, norms and flows that continuously shape the Middle East, such as migration, refugeeship, legal, political, social and economic conditions as well as cultural and gender constructs.
The programme offers courses in multiple focus areas and language training in the Middle East. It provides a solid foundation for a career in Middle Eastern analysis, diplomacy, government, development, culture, or enterprise, as well as for further academic research and PhD studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Middle Eastern Studies
- Methods for Research in the Social Sciences
- Middle Eastern Studies: Theory and Society
- Field course
- Internship course
- Elective courses
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 30 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students are required to have a Bachelor’s degree equivalent to 180 credits. Oral and written language skills in English corresponding to English 6/B from a Swedish upper secondary school is a requirement. Recognition of qualifications is based on national guidelines.
- The students ability to complete the programme is the main criterion for selection. Students are ranked on: 1. The basis of previous study results 2. A short writing sample 3. Letter of intent including CV.
International9475 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18950 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 200 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.