The Master's in Human Rights Studies programme from Lund University combines historical, philosophical, political, and legal perspectives on the complex phenomenon that human rights represent in our world. We are committed to the view that human rights need to be regarded and studied not only as ethical principles or ground for law and policy, but also as part of the infrastructure of a democratic society.
The programme prepares you for a future in research or for human rights work in the public, non-profit, or private sector. This is a newly launched programme, which, as yet, has no graduates. The experience from our Bachelor’s programme in Human Rights Studies is that analytical and practical skills in the human rights field are highly and increasingly sought after. Former students work at NGOs, think-tanks, embassies and in the public sector, doing consultancy, communication and research and development.
- Human Rights in the Global World: Agents, Indicators and Institutions
- Human Rights in the History of Politics and Philosophy
- Human Rights in Practice: Research Methods, Research Ethics and Project Management
- Thematic Specialisation
- Field Course
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management History Political Science View 29 other Masters in Political Science in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Lund University and/or in Sweden, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a major in human rights or other relevant major in the humanities, social sciences, law, or the equivalent. English Level 6.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in a subject other than Human Rights Studies must demonstrate that they have sufficient knowledge of the subject through specialisation or a degree project.
- Basis of previous study results from courses that are of relevance for this programme, the statement of purpose, and two letters of recommendation.
International999 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1999 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
SEK 220 00
Living costs for Lund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.