The MSc in Leadership from the RCSI Institute of Leadership is delivered over two years. Participants attend sessions between September and May each year.
Healthcare organisations are among the most complex in today's society. As a new era for healthcare emerges, healthcare leaders will need to manage increased risk, uncertainty, ambiguity and effectively manage and implement change, which requires effective leadership style and qualities.
This Leadership programme at RCSI Institute of Leadership will provide you with the skills and knowledge to:
- Develop the personal and professional capacity to lead in healthcare organisations.
- Critically appraise modern leadership theory and practice, and develop the ability to apply leadership approaches that are at the forefront of informed best practice in healthcare.
- Analyse and synthesise complex management and leadership problems and deploy a range of people management skills, particularly in relation to the management of multi-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary teams.
- Examine the role of health economics, quality improvement, financial management, human resources management and the principles of governance in leading effective innovative services.
- Demonstrate the ability to challenge assumptions and question processes, policies and procedures in healthcare, at individual and organisational levels.
- Develop as a reflective practitioner with the skills, insight, confidence and awareness necessary to identify and implement evidence-based innovative management and leadership practices.
- Develop a strategic mindset, understand the theoretical underpinnings of strategic leadership and demonstrate the capacity to deploy a range of strategic methodologies.
- Recognise the importance of leadership and innovation and develop the capacity to effectively manage and lead in a diverse healthcare setting.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Developing and Demonstrating Personal Leadership Qualities
- Working with Others and Leading Others
- Leading and Managing Services
- Leading Innovation and Change
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Developing a Future Orientated Mindset for Future Professionals
- Research Methods and Methodology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are received up to 11 months before the next intake. You are advised to apply early.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Health Health Management View 24 other Masters in Health Management in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- All applicants should hold a primary degree and be working in the healthcare sector.
- For applicants who don’t hold a primary degree, there is an opportunity to submit a recognition of prior learning (RPL). Full details on this process can be found on the RCSI Leadership website or contact RCSI Leadership directly.
International16000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- EU: €4,500
- Non-EU: €9,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.