The Healthcare Management (Dublin Campus) programme at RCSI Institute of Leadership comprises six taught modules, an organisational development project and a personal development plan which aims to provide you with the knowledge and expertise to lead and manage effectively in healthcare organisations.
As a graduate of this programme you will be better able to ensure the delivery and configuration of high-quality healthcare services, lead and manage change and development within your organisation and profession. This will require a thorough knowledge and understanding of the complexity of healthcare, business processes, finance, operations management, information technology, marketing, leadership and strategy.
Applications are invited from all those working in the healthcare sector including doctors, managers, nurses, other clinical specialists and administrators who wish to develop and extend their management knowledge and skills. Personnel in allied health businesses such as medical supplies/equipment and pharmaceuticals may also find the programme relevant and valuable for their needs.
This programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to:
- Understand the complexity and determinants of health and healthcare systems.
- Understand management, the role of the manager in healthcare and understanding how organisations work.
- Manage resources – effectively managing people, finance and organisations.
- Manage across boundaries – evaluating how services can best be configured and delivered.
- Team work effectively and manage multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop leadership, personal and professional learning and development skills.
Accredited by the National University of Ireland (NUI)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Managing Organisations and People
- Operations & Quality Management
- Evaluation, Measurement & Research
- Managing Finance in Healthcare Organisations
- Leadership & Strategic Management
- Quality & Risk Management
- Action Learning Sets
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are received up to 11 months before the next intake. You are advised to apply early.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 154 other Masters in Health Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants should hold a primary degree and be working in the healthcare sector.
- For applicants who don’t hold a primary degree, there is a recognition of prior learning (RPL) pathway outlined below.
International13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Year 1: €8,000
- Year 2: €4,500
- Year 1: €13,000
- Year 2: €7,000
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.