This fully accredited one-year part-time programme in Cancer Nursing at Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland – delivered in partnership with Beaumont Hospital – is for nurses working in an oncology setting, to help develop their clinical knowledge, judgement and practice to an advanced level.
This Cancer Nursing programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to critically:
- Discuss and demonstrate advanced decision-making skills relating to leadership and management in the cancer setting.
- Evaluate and utilise advanced knowledge and critical thinking skills relating to the nursing management of the major cancer diseases and side effects.
- Discuss and demonstrate advanced clinical decision-making skills to manage patient caseload incorporating nursing interventions and psychosocial aspects.
- Discuss and evaluate the nurses role in education and dissemination of knowledge to patients/relatives/staff.
- Advanced Research Methods
- Advanced Leadership - Professional & Clinical
- Clinical Practicum - Advanced Reflection and Competence
- Fundamental Concepts of Cancer Nursing
- Major Adult Cancers -or- Breast Disease -or- Colorectal Disease
- Psycho Oncology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 166 other Masters in Health Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Be an active RGN with the Opens in new windowNMBI.
- Hold a NFQ level 8 qualification such as a BSc or equivalent.
- Be currently working in the speciality area.
International6875 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6875 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6875 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6875 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.