The programme will develop your ability to critically reflect on your leadership role and examine theories and policies underpinning health and healthcare, at an individual and organisational level. The programme also aims to develop your confidence as an active member of the healthcare team and enable you to participate in the interdisciplinary team approach to care delivery.
This Advanced Leadership programme at Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland will provide you with the skills and knowledge to:
- Critically analyse research, relevant knowledge and evidence-based practice.
- Evaluate the application of clinical judgement to professional leadership practice by utilising evidence-based practice
- Apply leadership skills in strategic planning and auditing of services as they relate to nursing practice and integrate learning from the audit process into strategies for the improvement of services
- Evaluate the role of teaching and education in the development of professional practice and initiate, implement and evaluate training as appropriate
- Advanced Research Methods
- Advanced Leadership - Professional & Clinical
- Advanced Management & Strategy
- Change Management: Theory and Practice
- Education & Training
- Contemporary Issues: Clinical Governance, Safety and Risk Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Administration Leadership View 52 other Masters in Health Administration in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be a registered nurse or midwife on the active register with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland, or the relevant regulatory body in your country of practice before commencing the programme.
- Hold a level 8 degree* or international equivalent, demonstrated through a defined recognition of prior learning (RPL) process.
- Meet the English Language Requirements: IELTS English proficiency test score of 6.5 or the equivalent score on another standardised test. You are exempt if you completed your undergraduate/postgraduate studies full-time in the medium of the English language (three or more years, cumulatively).
International6875 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6875 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6875 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6875 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.