Human Resource Management graduates are in high demand from a wide range of top employers for their specialist skills. Our ever-growing relationship with key employers in the sector will provide you with the opportunity to meet and network with leading national and global organisations.
You will begin your studies with a HRM module that provides a foundation of the four core pillars of HRM function: resourcing organisations, developing organisations, reward at work and employment relations. You can then explore a variety of other topics through innovative modules such as The Future of Work and Managing Equality and Diversity. Modules cover theory and practice with guest speakers and practical exercises, as well as research-led academic insights and perspectives.
The Human Resource Management course from University of Birmingham also offers you the option to earn a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development accreditation (CIPD).
Why study at Birmingham?
- Students walking through campus on a sunny day
- The MSc HRM programme is distinctive in providing critical understanding of people management and the employment relationship in a ‘big picture’ national and global comparative context.
- Birmingham Business School is home to one of the strongest research-led teaching groups of HRM, employment relations and organisation studies academics in the UK. It is also home to the Work Inclusivity Research Centre (WIRC).
- Birmingham Business School is part of an elite group of global business schools and holds the Triple-Crown accreditation from leading bodies AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB.
- Birmingham has been recognised as the number one university for graduates by leading employers in 2020-21.
- You can develop your understanding of business in a practical way, by working on real-time projects with top global companies through our Future Leaders Certificate.
Careers in Business
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills. At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online. Please get in touch to find out how our Careers in Business team can support you.
- Human Resource Development
- Human Resource Management and Ethics at Work
- International Perspectives on Employment Relations
- International Human Resource Management
- Managing Equality and Diversity
- Leadership Development
- Managing Work and Organisation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Management Studies Human Resource Management View 262 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
Applicants will have an Honours degree (2:1 or higher) in any subject or postgraduate diploma from a UK university or equivalent.
International26640 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26640 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National15210 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15210 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.