About the Program
The cognitive behavioral counseling approach of the Rehabilitation Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling program of Rutgers University focuses on helping clients develop strategies and skills to change problematic behaviors, cope better with difficult situations, manage their disability, and plan for the future.
Our 60-credit degree is designed to advance the career of experienced people already working in the human services field, as well as prepare people to enter the field.
Students have the flexibility to pursue a degree full-time or part-time, online, on campus, or through a combination of both.
- Statistical and Research Methods
- Counseling Techniques
- Human Growth and Development
- Community Counseling and Resources
- Medical Aspects of Disability
- Career Development Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesClinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 608 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed an online Application for Admission form with non-refundable application fee.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Official transcripts for the degree must be submitted. Applicants in the final year of their bachelor’s degree are encouraged to submit an application. They may submit unofficial transcripts initially but must provide official transcripts indicating degree completion if offered admission to the program.
- Written statement describing career goals, personal goals, and experiences as related to the degree.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters may be submitted electronically or in hard copy.
- Interview by faculty. This interview may be conducted by phone for applicants who do not live in New Jersey or the surrounding area.
International36270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1209 USD per credit during 24 months.
National36270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1209 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State24180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 806 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.