This consortium is currently made up of five graduate programs and functions to coordinate the recruitment, admissions, and first year core curriculum of Ph.D. students, as well as helping our students in selecting Ph.D. research advisers from among the more than 200 faculty members on campus.
The Biochemistry program from Rutgers University, currently has approximately 100 faculty members from a number of departments in the two universities. Faculty research spans a wide variety of topics, including: DNA replication and transcription, virus gene expression, tumor biology, structural biochemistry, signal transduction and molecular targeting, protein chemistry and enzymology. Additional or alternative studies are designed to meet individual needs. Thus graduate students have the opportunity to select additional study areas in their work.
- To develop proficiency in the critical analysis of scientific research.
- To pursue and solve a novel research problem of interest to both the student and mentor.
- To produce publishable research in the field.
- To follow ethical principles of the discipline for citing sources, using human subjects, and working with colleagues.
- To teach and mentor effectively.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Molecular Biosciences
- Experimental Methods in Molec Biosciences
- Ethical Scientific Conduct
- Seminar in Biochemistry
- Research in Biochemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 566 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- Online application
- Application fee (non-refundable $70). Please see Graduate Admissions website for information on fee waivers.
- One official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended
- A personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL (for international applicants)
- GRE general test is not required.
- Curriculum Vitae
International30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15072 USD per semester during 12 months.
National30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15072 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State17736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8868 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.