The International Master of Business Administration IMBA program at York University is a full-time program for the first year with the option to go part-time in year two.
An IMBA offers all of the benefits of Schulich’s MBA program, with several additional components. IMBA students:
- Hone your skills in your field of interest through our 18 areas of MBA specializations in management functions, industry sectors and special business issues.
- complete an international work term between first and second year (work in Canada if you are an international student or abroad if you are a Canadian student);
- hone their proficiency in another language (we support language training in English, French, Spanish, German, Mandarin and Japanese); and
- are part of a small cohort that completes the first year of the program together, providing students with personal friendships and professional contacts that will last a lifetime.
In the second year of the IMBA program you can customize your studies by choosing and combining from the 18 MBA specializations of Canada’s top-ranked MBA program.
IMBA graduates work in Canada and abroad – in over 40 countries – for multinational corporations, ranging from RBC Financial to Sony and Siemens, and multilateral organizations, such as Médecins Sans Frontières, the World Bank and the United Nations, as well as smaller entrepreneurial companies.
Throughout the IMBA program, you will have access to the Career Development Centre (CDC), offering a wealth of innovative programs, resources and individualized mentoring and coaching to help you launch your career. Meet alumni, recruiters and industry leaders at corporate information sessions and other CDC events, and receive online access to the very best career tools available.
Recruiters value the communication, interpersonal and leadership skills that Schulich IMBA graduates possess, and regularly hire Schulich IMBAs.
- Contemporary Challenges and Strategic Thinking
- Managerial Decisions Analysis
- Integrative Management Experiences
- Financial Accounting for International Managers
- The Economic Environment of International Business
- Managerial Finance for International Managers
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Business Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 52 other Masters in International Business in Canada
An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with an additional year of work experience (beyond the minimum required by program)
- Acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE
- To send your scores for these tests to us please use the following codes: GMAT code Z75-X8-46; GRE code 5697
- 2 years of full-time work experience is required.
International53444 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26722 CAD per semester during 20 months.
National35946 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17973 CAD per semester during 20 months.
- Domestic part-time: $7,235
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.