Mental Health Nursing degree offered at the University of the West of Scotland is the first of its kind in Scotland that is underpinned by Masters' level education. This will enable you to become a highly educated nurse with longer term potential for roles in areas such as
JobsUpon graduation you will be fit-for-practice and will contribute to the leadership of a competent, dynamic workforce. You will be suitably equipped to secure employment within a range of healthcare areas.
Further StudyOn completion of our course, you may wish to consider further study in a variety of academic and clinical pathways. The following are an example of some further study/progression routes that are available:-
- Master Degree by Research (MRes)
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Professional Doctorate
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Nursing
- Nursing Values in Practice
- The Nursing Profession
- Mental Health Nursing Practice
- Contemporary Mental Health
- Working with Vulnerability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1009 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- possess an appropriate degree in a biological, health, social science, nursing or related subject
- possess an appropriate mathematics qualification. Typically accepted qualifications are SQA Standard Grade Credit, SQA Intermediate 2, SQA National 5 or GCSE at C, or above. Equivalent qualifications accepted. A numeracy test will be provided for applicants who do not posses an appropriate mathematics qualification
International16400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16400 GBP per year during 24 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 24 months.
Rest of Uk (English, Northern Irish, Welsh)/ Republic of Ireland
- £9,250 Cost per year of study
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.